A low-fat Apple and Cashew nut Halwa Recipe that tastes amazing is deal for the coming festive season of Navratri and Diwali. Comfort food for the Fall season too! Simple, easy and healthy! You can adapt the Apple Pudding to suit a Vegans too!
trying to convince me to do crêpes as a Sub-category in street food….
“A blin (pl. blini), blintchik (pl. blintchiki) or blintz is a type of thin pancake. Blintzes are thin pancakes that typically lack a leavening agent and are similar to crêpes, whereas blini are typically thicker and include a leavening agent.”
Though the blini are pan-fried they are cooking of blini is still referred to as baking in Russian.
potatoes, and cheese.
- 2 cup Maida or APF
- 2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp baking powder
Ingredients for the Filling:
- 1 cup fresh paneer, crumbled
- ¼ cup cream
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all of the blintz ingredients together using a blender or electric hand mixer. You can blend with a fork too but remember that the batter should not have any lumps.
- Warm up a non-stick tava/skillet until hot.
- The tava/skillet is ready check the heat . Sprinkle a drop of water and if it sizzles on the surface of the of the tava , your tava is ready. If the water pops or jumps out of the pan, the skillet it too hot—let it cool slightly before starting.
- Grease the tava/skillet generously with cooking oil.
- Pour the pancake batter using a 1/3 cup into the pan.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion till the batter coats the entire bottom of the pan in a large, thin circular shape.
- Cook for 60-75 seconds until the edges of the blintz brown and the bottom of the blintz is lightly golden. The pancake is done when the centre of the pancake’s surface is dry and slightly tacky to the touch.
- Remove the pancake with a spatula and place it on a plate.
- Keep the blintzes separated by pieces of butter paper or paper towels to prevent the blintzes from sticking together.
- Similarly cook all the blintzes.
Now make the filling:
- Put all of the filling ingredients into a chutney bowl of the blender and pulse it. The filling should not be smooth. But should be well blended.
- Now let’s assemble the blintzes
- Put about 3 tblspn of filling on the lower part of the blintz, about an inch from the edge.
- Now fold the lower edge of the blintz covering up the filling, say about till the centre.
- Now fold the sides of the blintz inward, as though you’re folding an envelope.
- Roll the blintz up and over the filling like a burrito, tucking the edges in as you roll.
- Finish them all. Then let’s fry them.
- Heat about ¼ cup of oil in a non-stick pan over medium until hot.
- Cook the blintzes in batches see that you have enough space to turn them easily in the pan. Gently lay the flapside down in the oil (take care the oil is hot).
- The oil will sizzle after 1 ½ to 2 minutes flip carefully the blintzes. They will be brown and crispy.
- Fry the flipped side again for a 1 ½ – 2 minutes till they are browned evenly.
- Serve blintzes warm as they are or topped with fruit topping, sour cream, applesauce,
whipped cream or maple syrup.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!