- Grate cleaned & peeled ginger.
- Now grind the same in the mixer fine.
- Measure the grated ginger.
- For one cup of grated ginger –1 1/2 cup of sugar (if your ginger is not tender take 2 cups sugar) add a little water till the sugar gets wet.
- Put on the gas on and heat till the syrup reaches hardball stage i.e. when a drop of the syrup is put in water it hardens to a ball.
- Now add the ground ginger & cook till the edges harden.
- Pour on a greased plastic sheet or greased thali & cut to squares.
My dad asked me for this recipe. Kusum Maushi my husband’s Maushi gave me this recipe. Kusum Maushi is an excellent cook so this tastes wonderful.
Here is your recipe for ginger cubes (alle pak).