27 September, 2013
W for Whole Wheat Rosemary Garlic BreadPosted in : Blogging Marathon, Bread, Garlic, Maida, Olive oil, Rosemary, Sugar, whole wheat flour, Yeast on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Baked, Blogging Marathon, Bread, garlic, rosemary, whole wheat flour
As a part of Blogging Marathon for the month of September we are blogging with alphabets. Must say that thanks to this marathon lot of my bookmarks got nudged to the done list! There are some that are loved a lot and I am asked to make them again.
This Whole Wheat Rosemary Garlic Bread that I had bookmarked from here falls in the repeat category.
Prep Time 15 minutes
First fermentation: 70 minutes
Second fermentation: 30 minutes Bake
Time 50 minutes
Serves 1 loaf
- 3 Cup/450g White Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Cup/80g Maida Or APF
- 1 ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp/12 G Active Yeast
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tblsp /13g Sugar
- 1/4 Cup /31g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Dry Rosemary
- 1 ½ +1/3 Cup Warm Water
- In a bowl add the sugar, and the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast and dissolve the yeast. Let it stand in a warm corner for some time say 10-15 minutes or till the yeast becomes frothy.
- Meanwhile mix well the garlic, salt, rosemary olive oil in the flours. Gradually add water to form sticky dough. In case you are using your mixer knead using the using dough hook to for about 7-8 minutes or until the dough become smooth and soft.
- Transfer the dough to well greased plastic container and let is rise for about 70 minutes or until the dough becomes more than double in volume.
- Transfer the risen dough to well floured bench and gradually punch down the air and roll it into a loaf.
- Transfer the shaped loaf into the well greased loaf pan and set aside for second rise of 30 minutes.
- By the end of the second rise preheat oven to 375 F/190ᵒC. And bake the bread for about 45-50 minutes. Cool the bread in the rack for minimum 2 hours to cutting.Enjoy the bread as sandwich or with any winter soup.P.S. since my bread was cut immediately after it came out of the oven it’s not come out as well. The centre was softer.
Have a look at my bread slice with Hummus spread on it. I though of taking the pic at the last possible moment.
This is my entry for alphabet W. Come back to see X tomorrow. Here are the rest of my friends.
Linking to Yeastspotting