16 May, 2014
Twilight ~A mocktail
|Twilight ~A mocktail|
Twilight a delicious mocktail is a must have not just for a party but also as a drink for Summer.
This Blogging Marathon the theme I have chosen is Mocktails.
containing alcohol. Modern cocktails have a mixture of one or more types of liquor and flavourings and one or more liqueurs, fruit juices, sugar, honey, water, ice, soda, milk, cream, herbs, bitters, etc. Cocktails are made with gin, whiskey, rum, tequila, brandy, wine, beer, vodka, etc.
According to the Hindu,”mocktails are smooth blends of non-alcoholic beverages — fresh fruit juices, syrups, cream, herbs or spices. They are meant especially for those who do not consume alcoholic beverages or need to refrain from them, and so, the blends can be enjoyed by anyone. You don’t need any sophisticated equipment to churn out an exotic mocktail. All you need is a lot of innovation and imagination to produce some unusual, delicious blends.”
In short, a mocktail is a non-alcoholic cocktail. Again like a cocktail, you mix 2 or more non-alcoholic ingredients to get a mocktail.
- Shake and strain that is you shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and strain in an appropriate glass.
- You can stir and strain the ingredients in a glass then serve it in another glass.
- Blend with a blender and then transfer to the serving glass.
- Build in the serving glass itself.
Mocktails are offered because the host is responsible for the well-being of the guests. It is important to offer guests an alternative to drinks with alcohol. Some people, such as designated drivers or pregnant women, will be grateful to have a drink selection that is non-alcoholic. Even people who are having a few drinks might like to alternate alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks throughout the evening.
So let’s have mocktails I have chosen for today a simple drink so delicious that you will want more of it. This is built it in the glass itself.
- 200 ml sprite, chilled
- 90 ml pomegranate juice (or 30 ml pomegranate syrup), chilled
- 90 ml orange juice, chilled
- 1 slice orange
- Mint, a few
- A little ice, crushed
- Stir all the ingredients, except the orange slice, together with the crushed ice.
- Serve garnished with a slice of orange and mint
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!