12 January, 2018
Til Laddu/ Sesame Seeds Ladoos/Tilgul/Ellu Unde
Til/ sesame seeds laddu are called Tilgul in Marathi and Ellu Unde in Kannada. Same name for the same delicious ladoos traditionally made for Makar Sankranti.
Wish you all a Very Happy Sankranti!
Tilgul ghya and good bola!
Ellu bele togond ellu bella hante ironu!
For Sankranti, we eat a lot of jaggery and sesame seeds. There are different ways of making the sweets with the 2 ingredients. This is what I have tried in the past
Of all the recipes I like these as it does not involve making hot syrup and then rolling the hot balls into small spheres called ladoo, laddu or unde as traditionally made for Sankranti!
In the past, I have made these using mortar and pestle my Mother-in-Law’ old one. Since I have not maintained the mortar and pestle, it is on its last leg of life. So now, I have to make these laddus in the mixer. Me happy takes minimum effort for the same result. So basically, this is the same recipe as here only the method is different.
Til/ sesame seeds Ladoos/Tilgul/Ellu Unde
- Serves: 24 pieces
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup til/sesame seeds, roasted
- ¼ cup groundnuts roasted & peeled
- ¼ cup dry coconut roasted (khobra/khobri)
- 1 cup jaggery, grated ( I used a little less than 1 cup)
- Cardamom seeds/elichi peeled
- In the mixer jar with the dry blade, make powders of til/sesame seeds, ground nuts, dry coconut and cardamom. I did not grind all the til/ sesame seeds. Just mixed them up with the powders.
- Transfer to a plate or a bowl.
- Add the jaggery in a mixer and run it once or twice. The jaggery will be sticky. Add about 1-2 tablespoons of the dry powder and run the mixer.
- Remove to the same bowl in which you have kept the dry powders.
- Add the dry powder once again and run the mixer. This will get all the jaggery out.
- Knead the powders in the jaggery until it forms a dough.
- Pinch small balls of the dough and make balls.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!