25 May, 2018
Honey Sesame Tofu
Honey Sesame Tofu is a healthy and low-fat tofu that is a yummy side dish and I have made it twice already. It is an amazingly fast way to cook the tofu especially if you have the marinated tofu in the fridge.
Like I said yesterday in Blogging Marathon this week I am highlighting Pick one Protein Rich Ingredient and my star of the event is “Tofu” also known as bean curd.
I made this for the first time from here and I did not read the intro and hence did not know about having to drain the tofu. It was the second time I followed the instructions but I marinated the tofu as I liked the taste when they were marinated. You may avoid it but to my Indian palate, it was necessary.
Let us then zoom in directly to the recipe I followed.
Honey Sesame Tofu
- 100 grams tofu, firm
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp soya sauce+ 1tbsp
- 2 tsp red chilli sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp honey + 3 tbsp
- 1/2 salt
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 3tbsp water
- 2 TBS sesame seeds
- Drain the tofu and add some weight on it say for another 20 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into cubes set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the garlic, ginger, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tsp red chilli sauce, chilli flakes, 1 tbsp honey and salt.
- Add the tofu cubes to the sauce. Gently mix well.
- Cover and marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Grease a non-stick tava/skillet and arrange the tofu pieces on it.
- Cook until the pieces turn brown, flip and cook for on the rest of the sides.
- Use more oil if the pieces stick.
- In the marinade, add the rest of the soya sauce, honey and vinegar add the cornflour and 3 tbsp water. Whisk to mix well.
- In the same non-stick pan over medium heat, add the marinade.
- Add the tofu and stir well to coat the tofu.
- Let the sauce boil on high heat then reduce heat to a low.
- The sauce will thicken immediately sprinkle sesame seeds serve immediately.