19 October, 2018
Egg-less Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cake #Choctoberfest
Egg-less Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cake is soft moist and utterly delicious. My daughter has told me it is the best cake I have baked until date.
My love for sweets has no parallels. I simply can eat, drink and sleep on a sweet diet. My family unfortunately do not enjoy sweets other than cakes.
Now since they eat cakes I do bake cakes and chocolate ones are much preferred.
The other bakes that I have tried
However, recent events in my life have forced me to look at healthy options for baking.
Yes, I am trying to replace maida or All Purpose Flour with other healthier options. In this background, I remembered Priya who bakes such yummy cakes with whole wheat. I am featuring Priya’s healthier cake with absolutely no changes.
The only change I will make is replace the 3/4 cup sugar with 1 cup, as I generally do not ice my cakes. Since it was not sweet enough I served with homemade chocolate sauce.
Eggless Whole-Wheat Chocolate Cake
- Serves: 15-20 slices
- Prepration time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa + some more to dust the pan
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 2 tbsp of instant coffee
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or curd and water half and half
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/3cup of oil+ 2 tsp to grease the pan
- Preheat the oven at 170⁰C.
- Dissolve the coffee in the water.
- Mix sugar, oil, and buttermilk. Set aside.
- Grease a Bundt pan or 2 pans of 6 inches.
- Dust with cocoa. Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the liquid.
- Fold slowly.
- If you feel the batter is too thick, add 2-3 tbsp of water at a time and fold.
- Pour in prepared cake tins and bake for 40-45 minutes.
Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- Serves: 4 people
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 -1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 -1/2 cups milk
- Mix all the ingredients with a whisk.
- On low flame heat the mixture until bubbles and becomes glossy.
- Serve immediately.
Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!