22 June, 2014
Khushboo IdliComments : 6 Posted in : Bachelor Recipes, Breakfast, Daal or Lentils, Fermented, Idli, Indian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Lowfat, Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses, Sabudana, South Indian Cuisine, Steamed, Urid Daal on by : admin Tags: Fermented, Healthy food, Idli, Khushboo Idli, Low fat, raw rice, Sabudana, South Indian, Steamed, urid dal
various recipes discussed, well you cannot be a foodie without that can you?
Thanks Veena for this delicious recipe.
- 4 cups raw rice
- 1 cup urid dal
- ½ cup sago/sabudana
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp cooking soda (optional)
- Wash the rice and urid dal.soak them for 12 hours.
- Wash the sago and soak them in lots of water. I had approximately 1 ½
cups water on the sago in leave it again for 12 hours.
- Grind the dal, rice and the sago to a fine paste.
- Leave it to ferment for about 8-12 hours.
- Add the salt and soda if using. Mix well and steam for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with sambhar and chutney.
Linking to Come join us for breakfast.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!