13 February, 2018
Syrniki Recipe | Syrnyky Recipe| Cheesy Pancakes Recipe #BreadBakers
Syrniki is deliciously fried quark pancakes served warm with garnishing. The garnishes can vary from sour cream, jam, honey or applesauce.
For #BreadBakers, we are making pancakes this month. Thanks to Sue I tried these Syrniki pancakes that my daughter wanted me to make.
In Ukrainian, Belarusian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Serbian cuisine Syrniki or Syrnyky as they called are made from the main ingredients creamy quark, mixed with flour, eggs, and sugar, vanilla extract. In Russia, Syrnyky is called Tvorozhniki and the cheese mixture may contain raisins for extra flavour.
The mixture is shaped into small cakes and fried in oil. The cheesy pancakes are crisp on the outside, warm, and creamy in the centre.
Syrniki’s simple and delicious are served as breakfast or dessert in Eastern Europe.
I have adapted the recipe from here.
Syrniki | Syrnyky | Cheesy Pancakes
- Serves: 45 pancakes
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2- 1/2 cups farmers’ cheese
- 2 cups maida divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Oil for shallow frying
- Grape Jam
- Sour cream
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a bowl add the farmer’s cheese, 1-cup maida, eggs, sour cream, salt, baking powder, sugar and mix well.
- Place the other cup of maida in a shallow plate and set aside.
- Make small balls from the dough dredge in the flour and shape in small cutlets and set aside on a well-floured plate.
- Shallow fry both sides, on a tava/skillet. Keep the flame low until brown on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate lined with absorbent paper and continue frying the rest.
- Transfer the warm Syrniki to a plate top with the grape jam and sour cream then dust with powdered sugar.
- I needed a 1 cup more maida to make my dough. That said and done it could be because my quark was not lump-free so I had to knead it a bit.
- Aebleskivers by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apam Balik by I Camp in My Kitchen
- Bánh Xèo by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Lemon Dutch Baby Pancake by Spill the Spices
- Brazilian Tapioca Pancakes by Herbivore Cucina
- Buckwheat Chocolate Pancakes by Ambrosia
- Eggless Chocolate Chip Pancake by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- German Pancake with Easy Fruit Compote by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Gluten Free Aebleskiver by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Hoppers by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Hotteok by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Instant Multigrain Dosa by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Japanese Pancakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Kuih Dadar – Bujang Dalam Selimut – Asian Stuffed Pandan Pancakes by The Schizo Chef
- Moo Shu Pancakes by Food Lust People Love
- Soft and Spongy Poha Dosas by Sneha’s Recipe
- Swedish Pancakes by Hostess At Heart
- Syrniki by The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Vegan Red Velvet Pancakes by Cook’s Hideout