18 December, 2016
Whole-Wheat Brownies- Spreading X’Mas Joy
Delicious Whole-Wheat Brownie is something that is irresistible.
With Christmas fast approaching and how can we miss spreading the joy.
There is nothing in the world that can beat the sound and smell of an approaching pan with a hot brownie topped with ice cream and sizzling chocolate.
This chocolatey delight was born in the famous urban legend of Bertha Palmer, a socialite from Chicago. She requested the pastry chef of her husband’s famous Palmer House Hotel to create a new dessert for women attending an Exposition. The result was the very first Palmer House Brownie with walnuts and apricot glaze.
To those who are still wondering: A brownie is a flat, brown, dessert square that is halfway between a cake and a soft cookie in texture. However, it may vary in texture. It can be made anywhere between cake-like to a gooey chocolate fudge-like consistency. It often has additions like chocolate chips, nuts, marshmallows and so on. A variation made with brown sugar and chocolate bits but without melted chocolate in the batter is called a blonde brownie or blondie.
This delicious brownie is my friend Vidya’s recipe and it is chocolatey yum that you must try. Thanks, Vidya I have to make it again as they just disappeared without the ice cream.
This is another addition to my list of Festive cooking namely Christmas List.
- 200 grams or more Dark Cooking Chocolate
- 125 grams Amul Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or Atta
- 2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Mix butter n chocolate in a bowl.
- Microwave till it melts and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven @ 240°C.
- Beat eggs and sugar till sugar melts and keep aside.
- Sieve atta, baking powder and cocoa.Set aside.Mix the chocolate and sugar. Stir with the spoon/fork.
- Slowly add the sieved dry ingredients little by little. Do not beat.
- Add half teaspoon vanilla essence.
- Bake @ 180°C for about 30- 35 min or until the inserted skewer comes out clean.
Join me as we Celebrate Christmas. Mail me pictures and links of all your delicious goodies here. Hurry even ends on 1st of Jan’2017.
Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!