19 July, 2016
Leftover Bread Slices PizzaComments : 2 Posted in : Appetizer, Bachelor Recipes, Baked, Butter, Cheese, Condiments, Cuisine, For the Tiffin Box, Garlic, Herbs, Italian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Marinara Sauce, Milk & Milk Products, Mozzarella, Oils, Olive oil, Pizza, Pizza Topping, Snack, Starter on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Appetizers-Starters, Bachelor Recipes, Baked, garlic, Italian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Leftover Bread Slices Pizza, Marinara Sauce for Pasta, mozzarella, Pizza
In the last of this series of Pizza, I wanted to use up one of my bookmarks. I had seen it on PJ’s place and I flipped for the simplicity and the easy with which this Pizza can be made. Plus it gets your fridge clean!
Now I do have you interested right?
Like PJ said this Pizza has no recipe to it but I am trying to write down what I did.
I have stir fried the veggies here you can avoid it but I thought it gave an added flavour.
Leftover Bread Slices Pizza
A delicious snack that uses up the leftovers in your fridge.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 6 Bread Slices (I use whole wheat bread)
- 1 tablespoon Butter (approx)
- 1Garlic clove, small
- 1teaspoon Oil
- 1 Onion, medium sized, chopped fine
- 1 cup Mixed vegetables (I had carrots, beans, cauliflower) diced fine
- ½ cup Marinara Sauce
- ½ Capsicum sliced fine (I had just green)
- Mozzarella cheese
- With a rolling pin flatten the bread slices. Removing the edges will make sense if you know where you are going to use them.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a kadhai/wok heat the oil and fry the garlic till you get an aroma. Add the onions and fry till translucent.
- Add the veggies and stir till the raw smell goes away.
- Apply butter and arrange them in the muffin moulds.
- Bake the bread for about 5 minutes. Actually my moulds were in the oven when it was pre-heating. I removed them after about 5 minutes.
- Spread the sauce in the bread cups. Add the vegetables and the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve warm.
- In case you are using the garlic and herbs butter avoid the garlic.
Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!