12 September, 2015
Avrikai Palya|French Beans Stir Fry|Papdi BhajjiComments : 11 Posted in : Accompaniments, Bachelor Recipes, Blogging Marathon, Diabetics Friendly Foods, French Beans, Healthy food, Karnataka Cuisine, Kid Friendly, Lowfat, Meal, Rice barn, Stir-Fry or Dry Vegetables, Tiffin box ideas on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Bachelor Recipes, Everyday meal, French Beans, Healthy Stir Fry, Karnataka Cuisine, Low fat, Stir Fry, Tiffin Box
Avrikai Palya is a simple and delicious way to cook French Beans.
Avrikai or French Beans are known as Papdi in Goa. The way they are cooked in Goa is different from the way they are cooked in Karnataka. This is the way it is made at my maiden home.
As a child, I never liked this vegetable. In fact, I have started liking this vegetable only now since my maid has started making this vegetable. It’s just like how Amma made.
Avrikai Palay| French Beans Stir Fry
This stir fry tastes good with chapatti as well as rice. Try it!
- Preparation time:10 Minutes
- Cook time: 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 250 grams French beans, stringed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon rai/mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon urid dal
- ½ teaspoon hing/asafoetida
- 1 green chilli, slit
- Salt to taste
- In a kadhai/wok heat the oil.
- Add the rai/mustard seeds and after they splutter add the jeera/cumin.
- Add the urid dal and wait for the urid dal to become reddish.
- Add the hing/asafoetida and green chilli.
- Add the French beans and salt.
- Stir and cook under a cover.
- Once done you can transfer it to a bowl.
- My mum used to add freshly grated coconut but I avoid it. You can add if you wish.
- Serve with chapatti or dal rice saaru anna or masuru anna.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533207 mode=1].