6 February, 2015
Posted in : Blogging Marathon, Milk & Milk Products, Quark on by : admin Tags: Curds, How to, How to make Quark Cheese, Milk, Quark, Water
When we did the alphabet marathon Nandini had made quark. The first time I had heard of this delicious cheese. I had to make it.
Various cuisines feature quark as an ingredient for appetisers salads, main dishes, side dishes and desserts
Recipe Source: here
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ¼ cup curd
- ¼ cup water
- Bring the milk to a boil and let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile blend the curd and water to get your buttermilk.
- Add buttermilk and mix.
- Let it rest undisturbed for 24 hours in a warm corner of the kitchen
- One full day later, line a sieve with cheesecloth (or a thin kitchen towel). Place this on a bowl with at least ½-ltr capacity to collect the drained whey water
- Pour the curds into the lined sieve and secure. Pull the edges together and twist it up or secure with a rubber band
- Place the entire apparatus in the refrigerator for 24 hours
- Remove the cheese from the cheesecloth and keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I ould like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!