11 January, 2015
Kabuli Chana BiryaniPosted in : Bachelor Recipes, Baked, Blogging Marathon, Chick Peas/Kabuli Chana, legumes, Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses on by : admin Tags: Biryani, Blogging Marathon, Kabuli Chana, Kabuli Chana Biryani, Meal, Rice
Kabuli Chana Biryani
|Kabuli Chana Biryani|
- 1 cup kabuli chana/white chick peas, soaked overnight and
- 2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
- 1 ½ tblspn Biryani masala
- 2 onions, ground
- 2 tomatoes, pureed
- 5 tblspn oil
- A pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup curd
- A few springs of dhania/ coriander leaves
- A few springs of pudina/mint
- 2 green chillies
- Salt to taste
- 2 tblspn ghee
- Drain the chana and reserve the water.
- Measure the reserved water and make it 1 ½ cup adding more water.
- Add to the rice, check the seasoning and cook on low flame till the water is absorbed and the rice is ¾ done.
- Cool and fluff the rice.
- Grind 1 onion, the coriander leaves, mint green chillies, ginger garlic paste.
- Add to the chana along with the curd and 1 tblspn of the Biryani masala. Mix well and set aside for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed kadhai/wok add the other onion fry till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the tomato puree, hing/asafoetida and fry till brown.
- Add the rest of the Biryani masala, the marinated kabuli chana, salt and stir well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Take an oven proof casserole and smear it with 1 tsp ghee.
- Spread a layer of rice, and then spread the kabuli chana layer. Repeat let the last layer be the rice.
- Pour the ghee on top.
- Cover the whole thing with and aluminium foil and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Peel the aluminium foil just before serving.
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!