4 October, 2014
Rajma/Kidney Beans Gravy
Posted in : Bachelor Recipes, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge, Curry, Diabetics Friendly Foods, Gravy, Indian Cuisine, Kid Friendly, legumes, North Indian Cuisine, Protein Rich Food, Simple and Healthy Vegetarian Diet in Old Age on by : admin Tags: Accompaniments, Blogging Marathon, North Indian Cuisine, onion, Pressure Cooked, Rajma, Rajma/Kidney Beans Gravy, Tomato
This blogging marathon for the next 3 days my memories of Delhi and Amma cooking.
Futura Pressure cooker time: 20 minutes
Recipe Source: Futura Cookbook
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 red Kashmiri chillies, dry and whole
- 2 large onions, grated
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2½ kidney bean soaked overnight or in hot water for 2 hours and drained
- 4¼ water
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat the oil in the cooker, add the chillies and stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry gently till golden brown.
- Now add the ginger garlic paste stir fry till you get a nice aroma.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix and cook till oil separates. You will need to do this cooking on of course low flame and for about 5 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally.
- Now add the soaked beans and the water. Stir. Close the cooker and bring to full pressure on high flame.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. In a regular cooker cook for 6-7 whistles.
- Once done cool the cooker naturally.
- Open the cooker. Partially mash the beans with the ladle.
- Add garam masala and serve hot with naans or rice. I served with onion and green chilli stuffed rotis.
|Rajma n Roti|
Hi! First time here? Well, then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!