Home / Blogging Marathon / F for Fried Eggs
7 September, 2013

F for Fried Eggs

Posted in : Blogging Marathon, Breakfast, Eggs, How to, Pepper on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: , , ,

fried eggs 2

My husband’s favourite breakfast is Fried Eggs.

I would have never ever written how to make a Fried Egg. I mean it’s no rocket science but then one of my friend’s and colleague reminded me that it may be simplest things but the learning also starts with alphabets.

So for Blogging Marathon with alphabets is not Fried Eggs apt?

So here is Fried Eggs my way…

To make Fried Eggs you will need

•  2  Eggs
  • ½ tsp oil
  • Salt
  • 2-3 Freshly ground Pepper (adjust as per taste)

Method:

• I make my eggs in a non-stick pan so I oil the pan then heat it. Since mine is a small square pan a drop is enough to grease the pan.
  • Mix the salt and pepper together and set aside.
  • Crack the eggs over the pan and sprinkle the salt and pepper especially over the yolk.
  • Once the edges set slide them on a plate. Your sunny side up eggs is ready.
  • In the picture I have double Fried Eggs. That is I have flipped them over and cooked them. Now there is a chance that the eggs as you are flipping the eggs over it may tear, and you end up with an ugly mess. To avoid that I slide the eggs over a plate (actually I prefer the Bergner cover so I can hold it in my hand) then I lift the pan and lower it over the lid, so initially my lid is down and the pan is on the top.
  •   Swiftly turn the pan and the lid so the lid is on top and the pan is below and return the pan back to the flame. You can try this, only please be very very careful and do not burn yourself. Also if you have a lot of oil on the pan please do not try this.

fried eggs

Here is what I have been featured here till now

A Aliva che ladoo

B Baked potato

C Chana cho ras

D Drunkard’s Noodles

E Eggless Pancakes

Do check out my other friends on the Marathon here.

Courtesy: Preeti

Courtesy: Preeti

Hi! First time here?

Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here.

If you are my regular visitor then a big Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!

Archana

​Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!    ​

0 thoughts on : F for Fried Eggs

• September 7, 2013 at 12:55 pm

The square pan sounds very interesting as it gives a good shape to the eggs..very neat..

• September 7, 2013 at 2:29 pm

this is a big favorite at my home too and agree with your friends, we are writing to share and you never know who is your reader, it helps to take care of all…i know of a friend honestly, who added egss without breaking them

• September 7, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Square pan? Nice :)…And we call the sunny side eggs as ‘Bulls eye’. Didnt know it has so many names as well 🙂

• September 8, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Love to start my day with that platter, a prefect sunday brunch too.

• Sandhya Karandikar
    September 8, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Square pan makes it interesting.

• September 9, 2013 at 2:23 am

Believe it or not as much as I like eggs I cannot tolerate fried eggs – I dont like the yolk and white being separate and I HATE when people leave the yolk when it is runny – but yours looks like it is cooked well done.
    However it is a procedure that some people really dont know. Since I always made scrambled or omelette it took me a long time to be able to perfect making fried eggs the different ways they are served here in America like sunnyside up or over easy or over easy hard

• September 9, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Somehow the pics are not loading…but I can read interesting comments..square pan and all that..trust you to get something as interesting.

• September 11, 2013 at 2:08 am

We are egg loving family and fried egg is one of our favorite way to enjoy an egg.

• PJ
    September 13, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Now I really want to buy that square pan.And I dont eat eggs but this reminds me of the bread omlette that I have seen being sold in the Railway stations..

• September 17, 2013 at 10:17 pm