10 May, 2013
Kapi Cho PotatoesPosted in : Accompaniments, Appetizer, Chillies, Corn Flour, Flours, Garlic, Ginger, Green Chillies, Herbs, Indo-Chinese, Oils, Patato, Red Chili Sauce, Soya Sauce, Spring Onion on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Accompaniments, Appetizers-Starters
My dad has always encouraged me to cook right from the time I was a kid to now. He himself is a very good cook and loves presenting me with new books. So time ago he had presented me with Cooking and More by Tarla Dalal.
In one of them I found this delicious dish that has become quite a regular in our home. So will you not make it for a party? It’s easy to put together and a Crowd pleaser. Can be served both as an appetiser and as a side dish!
Do try it out and let me know what you think of this.
Kapi Cho Potatoes
Recipe Source: Tarla Dalal
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp tomato sauce
- 2 tblspn soya sauce
- ¼ tsp red chilli sauce
- 2 tsp corn flour mixed with ½ cup water
- Oil for frying (the recommended is 4 tblspn but I cannot fry in this much oil)
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup spring onion
- Cut the potatoes into batons.
- Parboil potatoes in salted water remove and drain. I generally dry them on a clean kitchen towel.
- Fry the potatoes in very hot on a high flame till the potatoes are fully cooked and crisp. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Reduce the oil if you have used more like me (or you can fry some other stuff like papad etc in the hot oil). In about 2-3 tblspn oil add the garlic, ginger and green chillies stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the potato fingers, tomato sauce, soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt. Mix well.
- Add the corn flour paste to the mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Here I have made it as a side dish. To make it a gravy dish use 1 cup water and 1 tsp corn flour more. Basically the gravy will depend on the amount of water and the corn flour amounts that you use.
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Face Book page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!