28 February, 2013
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake Egg-lessPosted in : Baked, Baking Powder, Breakfast, Cakes, Dessert, Egg less, Egg less Baking, Snack, Tiffin box ideas on by : ArchanaPotdar Tags: Baked, baking recipes, cakes, Dessert, egg-less, Eggless cake
Belated Birthday Wishes Pooja!!!
The egg less baking group is a group of enthusiastic bakers. We convert all bakes that are made with eggs to egg less bakes.
Among the many that we have tried this time it’s the all time favourite Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake!
The one challenge that my girls have been very enthusiastic.
This month’s challenge was suggested by Gayathri of Gaju’s Kitchen. It’s a very versatile cake you can make it into a single cake or three layered cake or Bundt cake or cupcake.
The recipe mentions Hershey’s products but those who are unable to get it feel free to choose the brand available.
I have myself used Crown Drinking Chocolate to make these cupcakes here. Also my egg replacement is egg replacer that Vaishali had gifted when we at her place for the BM#25 meet. I have halved the recipe here and got 12 beautiful cupcakes. I did not make the butter frosting as I had a ready mix by Pillsbury as it was close to expiry. Some whipped cream too as the girls love it.
Not only this I have made the cake with ragi in place of APF or Maida and let me tell you my girls went crazy with the cake. Unfortunately I made it when I was leaving for Ahmadabad for the BM #25 Meet and I could not take any snaps.
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tblspn egg replacer + 6 tblspn water
- 1 cup milk
- 1- ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 1- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- Heat oven to 150°C. If you are making cupcakes then line your cupcakes moulds. Else grease your moulds.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add egg replacer& water, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Frost with “PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
VARIATIONS as they were with the recipe only changed the temperature of the bake. The original was 180°C.
ONE-PAN CAKE: Grease and flour 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Heat oven to150° C. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. Serves 10-12.
THREE LAYER CAKE: Grease and flour three 8-inches round baking pans. Heat oven to 150°C. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost.
BUNDT CAKE: Grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan. Heat oven to 150°C. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost.
CUPCAKES: Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. Heat oven to 150°C. Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely. Frost. About 30 cupcakes.
“PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE” CHOCOLATE FROSTING (About 2 cups frosting)
I did not make this but posting this for future reference.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter.
- Stir in cocoa.
- Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
Linking this to the Egg-less Baking Group Sowmya’s guest host event What is with my Cuppa, Nupur’s page, SYS – W,Only Vegan, Pari’s page, Cook like a Celebrity Chef, Foodabulous, Let us cook / bake,Non-Indian Food, Swathi’s page, Sweet Luv,
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!
ARCHANA.Hi! First time here? You are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like my Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!