Tawa pulao the food that my teen often eats on the streets!! So when I saw this at Cook-Eat- Burrp and by I changed my plans of making the much disliked matar pulao to tawa pulao.
Yes you read right my girls do not like green peas. They will eat them plain but in veggies or pulao …no.
So when I had mentioned that I am making Matar pulao it was not met with much enthusiasm. So I just made this tawa
pulao. As soon as I came home from work the first thing that I was told was the pulao is awesome!
What more do you need?
Thanks Pallavi. Here is her recipe.
I made this again today as I realised that I did not pictures. Today I have added paneer and cashew nuts. That did not stop the family from falling over one another to finish the pulao. Will wonders ever cease!
Ingredients: [Serves 5]
· 2 cups of uncooked rice (that is about ½ kgs rice)
· 2 tblspn garlic paste
· 1 tblspn ginger paste
· 4 tblspn tomato sauce
· 2 tomatoes
· 1 cup peas, boiled
· 4 onions, sliced
· 4 green chillies, slit
· ½ cup green coriander, washed and chopped
· ½ cup carrots, washed and diced
· ½ cup cauliflower, cut in florets
· 3 tblspn garam masala
· 1 tblspn coriander powder
· 1 tsp Turmeric powder
· 1 tsp jeera
· ¼ cup oil
· I have never soaked the rice to cook it so I have not done it her too. Add a drop of oil and salt and cook the rice with 3 glasses of water.
· Once the rice is cooked let it cool and then separate the grains. (Generally I fluff the hot rice with a fork
but I had made the rice in the night and forgot to fluff the rice).
· In a pan, heat oil. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
· Add the garlic and ginger paste and fry till raw goes away.
· Add onions and cook them until they turn pink.
· Now add green chillies and tomatoes.
· Cook until tomatoes are almost done.
· Add the veggies, sprinkle with a little salt cover and cook.
· Add the sauce, salt, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder and coriander powder.
· Cook until the masala is done. Add the rice. Mix well and serve.
· I served it with dahi boondi.
Pallavi has a page on her space Beyond URLs. Here she has posted interviews of different bloggers. I have made it to the haloed page. Do check it out here
Linking it to Pari’s only series World food guest hosted by me
Dish in 30 minutes by Sara
Hi! First time here? Well then you are Most Welcome! I hope you keep coming back for more here. If you are my regular visitor then Thanks, for you encourage me to experiment more!! I would like you to please click on my link below and like myFacebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on Twitter too!