11 July, 2012
Carrot Rice ~A Blog HopPosted in : Blog Hop, For the Tiffin Box, Kid Friendly, Meal, Rice, Rice the Versatile Cereal and Its Uses on by : admin Tags: Blog Hop, Carrots, Leftovers, Rice, Tiffinboxideas
For Blog Hop this time Radhika has paired me with Santosh Bangar of Santosh’s Kitchen. I was amazed at her versatile creativity. Simple to the exotic dishes with a wide range of ingredients that is Santosh’s Kitchen!
I wanted to try out brinjals or eggplant especially the fusion variety. I even brought the ingredients needed but I find myself short of time. I was supposed to make it on Sunday but then I had forgotten that we were supposed to have a party for our friends. So my Sunday was spent in a shack at the Banastri River. What a lovely time we had!!
So the lovely brinjals were back in the fridge!!
,Anyway I found this simple carrot rice. Simple delicious and filling perfect for my lunch box!! Here is her recipe I made hardly any changes but here is mine.
1 cup (250grams) rice, cooked, cooled and separated
2 tblsp oil
1 tsp Urid dal
1 tsp hing
4-5 Methi seeds
4-5 cloves garlic
1 spring Curry leaves
2 green chilies, slit and cut in pieces
2 Red chili broken to pieces
1 bundle Spring onion greens
1 Carrot, grated
1 tsp red chili powder
1. Heat the oil and splutter the mustard.
2. Add the urid dal. When the dal reddens add the hing and the methi seeds.
3. Add the garlic, curry leaves and the chilies. Stir a bit till the garlic reddens a bit.
4. Now add the rice, spring onion greens, and carrots. Stir add the salt and red chili powder.(I do this as we do not like our carrots and spring onion greens soft in case you prefer it soft add them first and once the green wilt add the rice).
5. Mix well-taking care so that the rice grains do not break.
6. Serve hot with tomato bhaji.