3 June, 2012
Almond Meal & Banana Muffins~ Eggless BakingPosted in : Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: Almonds, Baked, Baking Powder, Bananas, Breakfast, Buttermilk, Cakes, Chocolate, Cinnamon, cocoa, Dessert, egg-less, Eggless cake, Healthy food, soda bicarb
I have in an effort to get rid of my lethargy joined new groups where I will be challenged to push my limits and try new recipes.
One of them happens to be Eggless baking by Gayatri. This is my first time here and I am already behind schedule. Sorry Gayatri! Will try to toe the line next time… mind you will try… : D!
We are to try out banana muffins this time. There are 3 issues in my place one the kids should not know there are bananas in the muffins two there has to be chocolate in it and three has to be healthy read no maida or all purpose flour in it.
Well in an effort to experiment I surfed the web and found a delicious recipe here. To be honest I have not checked out the whole fare here but that I plan to rectify shortly.
Well here is my version of the yum muffins
130 grams of whole almonds (+ some more if you want to use them as toppings)
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cooking soda bicarb
1/3 cup buttermilk (next time will use ½)
40 grams sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla essence
6 small bananas
2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder
30 grams semi sweet chocolate, chopped in 8 pieces(optional)
Chocolate vermicelli for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 160ᵒC. Grease the muffin moulds (I needed 8).
2. Powder the almonds with baking powder and soda till fine. Here you will have to be careful and pulse the almonds else it clumps together.
3. In the mixer jar beat the buttermilk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence, bananas and the cocoa powder till nice and smooth.
4. Pour over the almond meal and stir thoroughly.
5. Spoon the batter in the moulds and smooth over (as always i forgot this part and ended up with uneven cakes).
6. Take a piece of the chocolate and push it in the centre of the mould. Cover with the batter. Sprinkle the chocolate vermicelli on top.
7. Bake for 18 minutes or till the knife or tooth pick comes out clean.
8. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before unmolding the muffins.
PS the chocolate just melts next time I will use a bigger piece.