3 July, 2011
Spring Onion Stir Fry or Kanda Path BhajiPosted in : Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: Accompaniments, Leafy vegetables, spring onion, Tiffinboxideas, timesavers
I am finding it difficult to post anything! Is this the writer’s block or that I still have to read 200 posts that are lying in my reader?
One break and so many posts I just cannot seem to catch-up.
Should remind myself next time I take a break.
Anyway here is a simple stir fry that I make out of spring onions often. Not only is it tasty it is also ready in a jiffy. J
2 bunches of spring onion
½ tsp chilli powder (adjust as per taste)
1 tblspn besan/kadli hit/chana daal atta
1. Chop the greens of the spring onion, wash and drain.
2. Chop the onions too wash and drain.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai add the mustard when it splutters add the hing/asafoetida, turmeric, red chilli powder in quick succession. Take care the spices do not burn.
4. Add the onions stir a little then add the greens. Stir.
5. Add the salt and the besan. Mix well. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Do not remove the lid till the kadhai cools a little.
7. Serve with chapatti but tastes best with jowar roti and curds rice.
P.S.:-You may add a little less besan to get a wetter vegetable. This way it is absolutely dry.