21 June, 2011
Cheesy Potato NestsPosted in : Uncategorized on by : admin Tags: Accompaniments, Butter, Cheese, Potato
The other day my younger daughter came from school and told me she has the recipe for Cheesy Potato Nests and that she wanted to make it. I just said we will make it on Sunday when I have the time to go through her recipe. I thought she will forget all about it. She did not!
She started telling what we will need on Friday evening it was then I listened to her. Really listened. I am guilty of not listening to her when she tells me things after coming back from school since I have too many things that take priority. I am sorry baby will try and remember what you say also counts!
So she made, my baby Akanksha made Cheesy Potato Nests with her father as I had too many things on my hand. It was her Father’s Day gift which her father helped make!!
So on Sunday we had Cheesy Potato Nests and salad!! Yummy!!
You will need 6 ramekins since the yield was double we used the ramekins twice.
6 big potatoes (about 1 kg)
1 tsp pepper
175 gram butter
½ tsp chili powder
250 grams Cheese (we used Britannia)
1 tomato chopped
1. Boil, cool and mash the potato.
2. Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
3. Grease the ramekins with butter.
4. Mix well 1 tblspn of cheese, salt, chili powder, butter and pepper in the mashed potato.
5. Stuff the ramekins with the potato mixture till a little about ¾ full.
6. Make a small well in the centre and stuff the cheese and few pieces of tomato.
7. Bake the nests for about 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Slide them on to a plate.
9. Serve hot.
For the second round we improvised, as the nests were too delicate and we found it difficult to get the cheese and tomatoes the right side up. So add a few pieces of tomato and the cheese then stuff the potato mixture. bake and invert over the plate it comes out the tomato side up!!
Next time I will add some veggies like carrots, cauliflower, peas and corn. Lessen the amount of butter and cheese.!!J
What say you??Facebook Page. I will be happy if you can follow me on on Twitter too!